Your right to privacy is very important. The Capel Car & Bike Show (referred to below as "we" or "us") recognise that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help us provide you with a better service. That's why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information.
By using this website, you give your consent that all personal data you submit may be processed in the manner and for the purposes described below.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, and from May 25th 2018 the GDPR, ("the Act"), the data controller is The Capel Car & Bike Show with offices at The Old Brickyard, Cole's Lane, Capel, Surrey, RH5 5HP.
1) What personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about You:
- Details of transactions You carry out through our website and the fulfilment of your order or event registration. When making a purchase or register for an event with The Capel Car & Bike Show, we will collect your contact information, which includes name, address, email address and phone number, vehicle/exhibit details as well as payment information (donation amount, transaction ID, date of transaction). We DO NOT collect your payment card details.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Other information to help us provide you with improved services
2) How we use your information
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the website, services and the Car Show itself
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis
- To notify you about changes to our website and services
- To provide you with information about future events which we feel may interest you.
3) With whom is the information shared?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Any card- or payment account holder who has purchased services on your behalf
- Any volunteers of The Capel Car & Bike Show to deal with any accounts or to deliver specific services to you.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Capel Classic Car & Bike Show, our participants, visitors or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and dispute policies.
For further information about cookies, you may like to visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
5) Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Credit card numbers are used for processing payment only and are not retained for marketing purposes. No payment transaction is conducted on our own servers, and we do not store such transactional data.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Capel Car & Bike Show may provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites. Any information You supply on such sites will not be within our control.
7) How can you update the personal information you have provided to us?
You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your address, title, phone number or e-mail address. You can do this by completing the 'Contact Us' form on the website.
8) Your rights
You have the right to be informed about us processing your data. We inform you through this Privacy Page.
You have the right to access information held about you. You can send us a request and we will inform you about the data we hold about you.
You have the right to rectification. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your address, title, phone number or e-mail address.
You have the right to erasure (right to be forgotten). You can ask us to erase/delete/anonymise data we hold about you. We will comply with your request within the boundaries that the Regulations set.
You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data which means we may store but not use it or only use it for the purposes you permit.
You have the right to portability of your data if data is processed automatically. We confirm that we have no automatic processing in place. This right can therefore not be exercised.
You have the right to object to processing your personal data for marketing purposes.
You have rights related to automated decision making based on your personal data. We confirm that no automated decision making takes place. This right can therefore not be exercised.
You can exercise your right by e-mailing us using our contact form. We will respond within a month.
9) Contact Us
Please e-mail any questions or comments you have about privacy to us using our contact form and select to address to 'DPO'
Please note: by registering for any of our events you agree to be bound by all Capel Classic Car & Bike Show terms and conditions.
Capel Classic Car & Bike Show
04 Dec 2018