- All stand fees must be paid for in advance, using the registration form on the Capel Classic Car & Bike Show website
- Fees are a deposit and are non-refundable. However you may transfer your registration to another trader at no cost.
- All trades stands must arrive at the latest ONE hour prior to public opening times. We recommend before 10:00h.
- The show opens to the public at 12:00h and closes at 17:00h
- Trading (e.g. with early arrived vehicle exhibitors) may start as soon as your stand is set-up. This may be as early a 09:30h.
- Admission is by trader and vehicle pass sent to you prior to the show
- All set-up and deliveries to stands must be complete 30 minutes before public admission opening times on the day. After unloading, any vehicle not remaining within your stand area must be removed to the public car park.
- Stand displays may not be dismantled in whole or in part until after the stated closing time. Unsold items or purchases must be removed from the grounds immediately after the event ends.
- No trader vehicle movement is permitted on the showground during public opening hours.
- All equipment, display/sale items, vehicles, tents etc, must be kept within your allocated stand area and must not be placed in or intrude into the avenues between stands.
- Only silent generators are permitted in the event grounds
- Only goods relating to the event may be displayed/sold. The organiser’s decision as to what is relevant in this respect is final.
- The sale of food and beverages is not permitted.
- The use of any form of loudspeaker is not permitted.
- Prior permission from the organisers must be sought before raffle tickets may be sold, or charity collections made.
- No form of advertising material may be displayed or distributed anywhere in the grounds other than on your stand, unless by prior permission from the organisers.
- Any transaction at the event is between the vendor and purchaser alone; no responsibility is accepted by the organisers.
- Dogs are permitted in the show ground but must be on a lead, under proper control at all times. Please clean up after your dog.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse access to the event grounds at their absolute discretion.
- The organisers reserve the right to eject anyone from, or refuse entry to the grounds who acts in a manner detrimental to the enjoyment of others.
- Trader admission passes are only valid if issued directly by the Capel Classic Car & Bike Show, or any of its appointed volunteers.
- The organisers reserve the right to re-site any trader at the time of, or before the event, if deemed necessary.
- Collections from stands are only allowed after public closing times.
ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
- The use of packaging should be minimised as far as possible.
- All packaging material should be bio-degradable (i.e. wrapping, carrier bags etc should be made from e.g. paper or starch products).
- All residual waste to be taken away from site by the trader at the end of the show.
- No hot ashes to be put in skips or rubbish bins.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- The indicated speed limits must be observed when driving anywhere in the showground. Typically this is 5mph.
- Marshals’ instructions will be followed at all times
- Only silent generators are permitted in the event grounds. These should have a suitable earth arrangement by spike or earthing plate.
- Under the Explosives Act 1875 it is illegal to sell flares from temporary stands as they cannot be registered.
- All traders must adhere to the regulations governing the use of liquid gas cylinders, generators and electrical supplies. In particular and if applicable you must adhere to document No. 102763 “Using Calor Gas safely” (published by Calor Gas Ltd.).
- All electrical equipment brought onto site by you must have a current P.A.T certificate. (Obtained by a certified electrician to show that mains powered equipment and cables are safe & correct.)
- All stands with electricity and or gas should have a suitable fire extinguisher available for use at all times.
- Severe weather could occur at any time, please make sure that all stalls and marquees are securely weighted down.
- Stand structures it is the responsibility of each client to provide any structures as required. It is also the responsibility of the stall holder to ensure that the structure is anchored down suitably for use in high winds, regardless of the weather conditions.
- All stands must be safe from hazards (trip hazards, electric shock, overhead cross members etc). It is the trader’s responsibility to ensure his/her stand is free from hazards and that this is monitored throughout the duration of the event.
LIABILITY & INSURANCE
- We require you to have public liability insurance covering events such as this. Proof will need to be uploaded with your registration.
- A traders is responsible for any and all damage or injury to persons or property as a consequence of their actions, their stand, appliances or any act of omission by them, their staff or contractors.
- The organisers are not responsible for the security of vehicles or other goods being offered for sale, prior to, during or after the event. Although every reasonable precaution is taken, the organisers expressly decline responsibility for any loss or damage befalling the property or personnel of any trader however caused, unless in cases where we have been negligent. It is therefore recommended that traders insure on an ALL RISK basis all equipment and stock brought to the stand including material hired or borrowed. You may also wish to consider to take out insurance against cancellation or curtailment of the show.
- The Capel Classic Car & Bike Show declines responsibility for the loss of or damage to stock or individuals in any way, unless in cases where we have been negligent.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel the intended show at short notice if this is necessary because of an Act of God such as (but not limited to) unusual and catastrophic weather conditions affecting the showground or in the area generally, Government or Local Authority order or request which the organisers are obliged to adhere to or which they consider to be reasonable in the circumstances of the situation. In the event of a complete cancellation the organisers will make a full refund of any payments made and will waive any payments due to be made in receipt of trader, but shall not be responsible for traders’ consequential or other losses of whatever kind.
- Any trader having to cancel his/her booking for a stand space should notify the organisers as soon as possible. No refunds will be given but your registration can be transferred to another trader.
Capel Classic Car & Bike Show
16 April 2018